In this article we will cover how to sign up for anonymous hosting with yohost.org and pay with Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency. If you have never dealt with Bitcoin before, you will first need to get a Bitcoin wallet and then get some Bitcoins or Satoshis (like Bitcoin “cents”).
Choosing Bitcoin wallet
There dozens of Bitcoin wallets available out there – online and offline (hardware wallets), iOS and Android, PC and mobile versions, self-custody and not. You can go to this online helper and choose one or simply use one of our recommendations below.
- PC. Electrum. Official website: https://electrum.org/#home
- Android. Mycelium. Official website: https://wallet.mycelium.com/
- Apple iPhone. Edge. Official website: https://edge.app/
All wallets above are self-custody wallets which means that you have full control of your private keys and your funds are safe.
Getting some Bitcoins or Satoshis
Anticipating a question arising in your head, Satoshi is a smallest fraction of Bitcoin. It’s like a cent of Bitcoin but actually it 1/100,000,000 of Bitcoin. Ok, so once you got your Bitcoin wallet ready, now its time to get some. There are several ways to do it.
- Bitcoin ATM. Here you can check if there is an ATM close to your location: https://coinatmradar.com/
- P2P Exchange. There are few: Paxful, Bisq, Local Bitcoins
- CEX or centralized exchanges. For US it’s Coinbase, Europe – Crypto.com, Binance, Kraken.
Register for anonymous hosting
After you got your wallet ready and have some Bitcoins on it, it’s time to register for anonymous hosting.
1. Create an anonymous account with yohost.org: https://client.yohost.org/register.php
We only require E-mail and Country for the registration. All other fields are optional what allows you keep your personal info private. After registration, you will be redirected to your account and you can proceed to anonymous hosting order. Then proceed to “Services” > “Order New Services”.
2. Choose your anonymous hosting package. We have plenty of anonymous hosting services, starting from small Cloud servers (VPS) to high-end unmetered dedicated servers. In this example, I will show how to order simple VPS 1. On the page below, select “VPS Solutions” > “Order Now” (next to VPS 1)
3. On the next page, you will need to configure your anonymous VPS. Select Billing Cycle, enter your server name (Hostname), choose OS and control panel. There are also some addons available. We recommend to add “Remote Backups”. See image below for details.
4. Once you configured your server, you can proceed to “Checkout” with Bitcoin. On the checkout page you will be offered to choose Bitcoin or other crypto as a payment.
After “Complete Order“, you will be redirected to the Invoice where you can see the summary of ordered anonymous hosting services. If all is Ok, press “Pay Now” in the top right.
5. Paying with Bitcoin or other crypto. On the payment page you will have multiple options. You can either scan “QR” with your mobile Bitcoin wallet scanner or you can “Copy” payment info and paste to your Desktop wallet.
If you want to pay with other cryptocurrency, simply choose “Altcoins (SideShift)” and you will be presented with a huge list of available crypto (Ethereum, Litecoin, Monero, BNB, Solana, Stable Coins) you can pay for the anonymous hosting.
Bitcoin and other crypto payments can take up to 60 minutes to confirm.
This is it. Understanding and using cryptocurrencies is not an easy task for a beginner. But we truly believe that it’s essential in our today world. Once you see the positive side of it, you will never look back. We hope our small guide on how to get anonymous hosting with Bitcoin will help those who want to keep their personal info private and educate themselves about modern payment technologies.
If you want to learn more about what Bitcoin is, we invite you to watch this educational and full of fun facts video of Andreas Antonopoulos – long-time advocate of Bitcoin: